Faith, Family, Prayer

7×7 Button

Hey everyone! OK, thanks for all of your great suggestions..I think I like the 7×7 thing (which several of you thought of!) so sweet Danielle made a button for it.  Thanks to those of you who asked for this, because I wouldn’t have thought of it myself:) And make sure and check out Danielle’s fun Christmas blog designs…she is so great!!!

If you want to add the button to your blog/site and help promote prayer for our kiddies, feel free. When people click it, it will link to the post with all of the scriptures.  People always ask if they need to link back to me, and while I’m not sure about blog etiquette, just know that it is much more important to me that people are praying for their kids than reading my blog:) Link me or don’t link me…just tell ’em to PRAY!!!!

How’s this week going, friends? I hope well. I am praying that the Lord blesses you as you lift up your kids in prayer.
Angie

BTW, that is Ellie in the picture:)

• Reply Pam D November 7, 2008 at 11:54 pm

Added the button, loving the whole thing. And it really should be 7x7x7… seven prayers for seven days passed on to seven other people! Gotta get viral… in a GOOD way! Thank you again for sharing something so special and intimate so that we can all bring Him closer…

• Reply Laura November 7, 2008 at 11:58 pm

Love, love, LOVE it! I plan to upload the button! Thanks Angie & Danielle!

• Reply The Saras Family November 8, 2008 at 12:07 am

Love it! You are such an amazing person!

• Reply Elaine November 8, 2008 at 12:09 am

I love it, and the picture is adorable. I will post it today.

• Reply Landry November 8, 2008 at 12:09 am

Angie-

I have been “fence peeking” for quite a while and LOVE the 7×7 idea! I took the “button” and made it into an actual button on my husband’s company’s website, zazzle.com.

If anyone else wants to purchase one, I will donate all royalties directly to The Hope Clinic.

P.S. Danielle, I included a link to your blog in the description of the button and can make the image on the button bigger if you can email me the file (kelliagnichATgmailDOTcom)

Noah’s 2×2 has nothin’ on Angie’s 7×7! πŸ™‚

• Reply Jess :) November 8, 2008 at 12:21 am

Ang,

Posting the button right now!! I absolutely LOVE the idea!! Not to mention, seeing one of your precious girls praying on there is just beautiful!

Love,
    Jess πŸ™‚

• Reply AmandaHoyt November 8, 2008 at 12:32 am

Perfect! Thanks for the button – I’m on my way to add it to my blog!
    Hugs and prayers,
    Amanda

• Reply Tiger & Kar November 8, 2008 at 12:37 am

I added the button to my blog. THANK YOU for allowing us to share this opportunity to pray for our children.

• Reply Susan @ fivemangoes November 8, 2008 at 12:40 am

Thank you again, Angie.(And Danielle, and Ellie:) I’m adding the button!
    I just wanted to mention, too, that I think the enemy is NOT liking this praying for our kids thing!!! Wow, its been tough today, and every little distraction he has thrown my way has attempted to keep me from praying.
    I wonder if anyone else is experiencing this? I’ll be praying for us all to stay strong and not let the enemy keep us from praying for our little ones! πŸ™‚

• Reply Dani November 8, 2008 at 12:50 am

You are just simply amazing!! Just wanted to let you know that! Okay now I really have got to get off of here and finish my Lit. Paper! πŸ™‚

Love you bunches,
    Dani

• Reply Amanda-The Family News! November 8, 2008 at 12:59 am

Oh I love this!!! Going to add this button now!!!!!

• Reply Wifeof1Momof4 November 8, 2008 at 1:06 am

I will be adding the button, praying even more for my kids AND sharing this with the foster families I work with.

This is right on time as I am attending a prayer breakfast for kids in foster care TOMMORROW morning!!!!!!

Thank you so much!

• Reply Taylor November 8, 2008 at 1:09 am

I loved it! It’s such a good idea, and you are such an amazing mother!

• Reply created2teach November 8, 2008 at 1:14 am

I added the button! I just love it. It looks perfect. It was meant to be. You are the next Beth Moore in the making! Nah, not really. You are the Angie Smith, here and now. God is using you. Thanks so much!

• Reply Faith Hope Love Mama November 8, 2008 at 1:31 am

Love your new button. I can’t wait to add it to my page. Thank you for the prayers for my little one’s. I’m a praying mama and this is wonderful!!

• Reply maryanne420 November 8, 2008 at 1:38 am

i love the idea and i will add the button as well.

• Reply Sarah November 8, 2008 at 1:40 am

That is so beautiful to see little children praying. Our 2 year old prays and as a parent, I can only began to imagine how moved God is when little ones come to him in prayer. It moved me to tears and it must nearly make his heart burst with love and happiness πŸ™‚

I have missed your posts so much!

• Reply Jenna November 8, 2008 at 1:47 am

i love this idea, the button, and your family! thank you for being such a great role model for me!

• Reply Megan @ Hold it Up to the Light November 8, 2008 at 1:51 am

Beautiful, wonderful, and an awesome reminder. Our kids are really getting “into” prayer time lately, and I am realizing how amazingly close it brings all of us when we take the time to pray together.

Lately, I have really been trying to encourage my kids to be in “conversation” with God as they pray….boy, has that led to some hilarious prayer times….

It is so important to me that they know they can thank/praise/question/complain to God about whatever they want. There is no better way to work through our daily struggles (and triumphs) than by talking to Jesus about them….

Anyway….I’m going to post the button now.

Blessings!

Megan

• Reply Christie November 8, 2008 at 1:55 am

Angie, thanks so much for doing this! I am adding the button to my blog, posting a link, and emailing all my mommy friends. I feel like I pray the same prayers for my DD all the time and I am so excited to be praying something new and straight from scripture for her! Thanks again!

• Reply Kristy November 8, 2008 at 1:57 am

The photo of Ellie is just precious. Those are the moments we labor (with love) so hard for. To see them lifting up their worries, fears, desires, praises to the Lord. What a blessing.

Thank you.

• Reply CRUSTYBEEF November 8, 2008 at 2:00 am

I LOVE THIS! Thank you very much!!
    Elizabeth

• Reply vaneblu November 8, 2008 at 2:04 am

I love the idea, I already linked you but now I am adding this to the post, it is just great!

• Reply sheridan November 8, 2008 at 2:07 am

Thanks!! I have already added it to my blog!

• Reply kay November 8, 2008 at 2:15 am

The button is great- I love that picture of Ellie. But then, I love the pictures of all four of your girls!

I hope you have a wonderful, blessed weekend.

• Reply Kristin November 8, 2008 at 2:19 am

Such a sweet idea!

Today, I have shared your blog with 4 ladies that have been touched and blessed by you. Thank you for being obedient to God.

As far as how things are going for me? Fantastic. My firstborn is turning 12 tomorrow. AND he is on the verge of wanting to be baptized at church but he said he wanted to wait just a little longer and make sure he knows God is speaking to him.

God has blessed me through him for 12 years…starting when I was 21, unmarried and pregnant with him. He, along with my other 2 sons are my joy daily.

• Reply momma November 8, 2008 at 2:19 am

Added the button. I have been praying over my children. Also, I teach 24 first graders. God has told me to pray these over them, too. Thank you for sharing your prayers with us!

• Reply Kingdom Mama November 8, 2008 at 2:20 am

The button is too big for my sidebar, but I REALLY wanted to add it. Anyway, I don’t know how to make a smaller button except in “grab this button” code. So that’s what I did. I hope that’s OK.

Sarah

• Reply Jesica November 8, 2008 at 2:40 am

LOVE! IT!

It’s on my blog. Thank you so much!

Brilliant.

• Reply a woman found November 8, 2008 at 2:54 am

Awesome!!! I added the button and I love the encouragement to pray from scripture for our kids!

• Reply four little blessings November 8, 2008 at 2:58 am

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. For this and all the inspirations along the way. I am a beeter mom to my crew from your honesty.

• Reply Anothermadhousewife November 8, 2008 at 2:59 am

Of course. . .I grounded myself from the computer and everyone’s posting really good stuff!

I’m doing this! Thanks for sharing the idea. Erika πŸ™‚

Now I just need to figure out how to put the button on my site, eventhough I’m technologically challenged.

• Reply MapleCottage November 8, 2008 at 3:06 am

I love the button.. added it to my site πŸ™‚

• Reply Dawn November 8, 2008 at 3:08 am

Angie I love this button, but I’m still fairly new to blogging and very techno challenged, I don’t know how to add it and/or make sure it links back to your blog!! Aaagggh. I think the prayers are awesome.

• Reply Ashleigh November 8, 2008 at 3:18 am

Angie. Thank you so much! You are such an amazing momma! I have one little girl who is 22 months. I pray with her every night, but prayer has always been something I struggle with. Thank you for giving my prayers more focus!

I added the button to my blog as well and can’t wait for my blog readers to come see not only this post, but your whole blog. Oh, what an amazing encouragement you have been to me!

• Reply Nieman Family November 8, 2008 at 4:03 am

Just added the button. I love it. So I’d like to “Thank you” for hrlping me to become a STRONGER Christian. I am learning so much through you. Let God continue to Bless you.

• Reply Tracy November 8, 2008 at 4:13 am

I just added the button to my blog. What a great idea!

Thank you so much for ministering to all of us.

• Reply Jill November 8, 2008 at 4:29 am

Precious Angie,

I posted all about praying for our children today on my blog. Wow – I am not alone in the need to do this on a very regular basis. I was very focused on my growth – which is good so I could have something to teach them and now it is time to teach them to come boldly before Him and pray.

Thanks for starting us all off on this awesome journey with our children – walking by faith as a family!

Love,
    Jill

• Reply Liz November 8, 2008 at 4:37 am

I added the button!

• Reply Suzanne November 8, 2008 at 4:38 am

What a wonderful example of God’s love! Thank you for sharing with us! While you are praying, could you please add this family to your prayers. http://bradencreek.blogspot.com/

Blessings,
    Suzanne

• Reply The Kahler Family November 8, 2008 at 4:49 am

It works perfectly! Thanks for the great idea and the perfect verses!
    Angie

• Reply every simple day November 8, 2008 at 5:03 am

I love this! I added your button to my blog.

My five year old has resisted this method of mine (yours), telling me that “it doesn’t even sound like the Bible!” Which he went on to explain “the Bible doesn’t even have my name in it.”

That statement broke my heart and strengthened my resolve at the same time…

AND, I must say, I ALWAYS have to add my own name in there too. God is good, all the time!

amanda

• Reply Dena November 8, 2008 at 5:36 am

I added the button and will be writing down the prayers tomorrow. I think it’s awesome and is such a loving tribute to our children.
    Dena~

• Reply Wendy November 8, 2008 at 6:23 am

Think about it….If we ALL begin praying for our kids 7 times a day, that such a great army for the Lord will be raised up for the next generation. Awesome! Thanks for spurring us all on.

• Reply KE II November 8, 2008 at 6:49 am

Hey Angie,

The prayers are AMAZING, how GREAT is our GOD!! I simply cannot believe that my little M stops what she is doing, is very still, closes her eyes, listens and then says Amen. I LOVE THIS, and I really think she does too, she’s now asking for either Mummy or Daddy to do the prayer “over her”! I would LOVE to add the button, just have absolutely NO idea how to????

• Reply The Scott Household November 8, 2008 at 10:18 am

Thanks for the reminder πŸ™‚
    I know that we haven't talked much and I'm very much a "leave a comment but not update my blog much" kinda girl. But I am in awe of your love for Christ and your strength. So I am coming to you to ask for your prayers – My husband and I just found out that we lost our third baby. I will be going through a D & C in about 5 hours.
    All I can say is thank you.

• Reply Open your Eyes. November 8, 2008 at 10:22 am

Great Idea! X.

• Reply Pipsylou November 8, 2008 at 1:31 pm

I LOVE this!!!!!!! Thank you, Angie. What a wonderful start to my Saturday. πŸ™‚

• Reply Green Acres November 8, 2008 at 2:17 pm

This is wonderful Angie! Thank you! I will be adding it to my family blog.

• Reply Evie's Story November 8, 2008 at 3:01 pm

What a beautiful idea! Am so grateful! I have 5 precious kiddos and so desire to instill the love of the Lord in them and pray truth over them! Thank you Angie!

• Reply Tina:0) November 8, 2008 at 3:08 pm

I love this! I’m going to add it to our blog!

• Reply Jungheims November 8, 2008 at 4:25 pm

Oh, Angie….I didn’t realize how often I visit your blog….it just soothes me, especially the music. This morning I opened the blog with my twin girls (age 2) on my lap and they immediately began singing to the music in their best two year old little voices, “This is all that I can say right now, this all that I can give…..” I almost fell over! Wish I had it on video! =)

I love the 7×7!

Lisa

• Reply Angela November 8, 2008 at 4:47 pm

I just had to comment that Bring The Rain has been my ‘prayer’ lately. I have this song on my own blog and each time it comes on, I end up bawling. I have been reading your blog this morning and just BAWLING..Thank you so much for sharing your heart with us. You truly are a beautiful vessel of God’s where He is displaying His power and glory through.
    In Christ’s love, from another Italian sister ..and the same name to boot,,LOL.
    Angela

• Reply Life with Kaishon November 8, 2008 at 5:26 pm

I love this. I just hope I am able to figure out how to add it. I am SO not smart at this computer stuff! Thank you!

• Reply Eleanor November 8, 2008 at 5:33 pm

Angie, I love it!
    I have been reading your blog for a while but have never commented so today I come out of lurkdom.
    I can't wait to start praying these scriptures over my daughter & my new baby when he/she arrives in the spring.
    I'm 15 weeks pregnant and have 'high risk' pregnancies so need to pray a lot for safety & health for me & 'bump'. Have you got any ideas of specific prayers/scripture I could use?
    Thanks

• Reply Diana November 8, 2008 at 6:40 pm

I added the link! it is my honor to pray for my daughter!

• Reply Matthew Costner November 8, 2008 at 9:21 pm

great meeting you and your sweet family… praying for you all now that God’s blessing and protection cover your family this week, month, and years to come. see you all soon!

• Reply Jeff and Alysa Bajenaru November 8, 2008 at 9:32 pm

I just posted the button on our blog and a challenge for everyone to do it! Thanks!

• Reply Team Houston November 9, 2008 at 12:00 am

Just wanted to say thank you for the prayer button! Love your ideas!!

I put it on our family blog and already two of our friends are enjoying them too because of you!

You rock.

Have a great day and God Bless You.

~Michele

• Reply Kris November 9, 2008 at 12:18 am

Thank you Angie!

• Reply Beth November 9, 2008 at 12:43 am

Its 7 Months Angie…and you are doing the 7×7 thing. Do you see that as interesing. I hope you are doing well.

• Reply Keri November 9, 2008 at 2:27 am

Since I JUST learned how to do the “button” think on my blog, I’m thrilled to have another one to add. Thank you!

• Reply Millie November 9, 2008 at 2:35 am

I’m gonna add the button. Thanks so much!! πŸ™‚
    Millie and Colin-HLHS

• Reply Hip Mom's Guide November 9, 2008 at 6:05 am

Love it. Fabulous idea, beautiful child.

• Reply iheartbowheads.blogspot.com November 9, 2008 at 4:05 pm

oh I love it! I am going to add it right now!

• Reply Katie November 9, 2008 at 10:03 pm

SO, Angie, I’m a newby to the blog world, having recently established my own site; I learned about your story from a scrapbook magazine, where someone had made a layout featuring a picture of you and your husband, and Audrey Caroline. I walked to the computer and logged on to your site, where I sat crying this Sunday morning, so thankful for the ten month old daughter I held, who almost died at birth. Normal term baby – biggest of my four – flown to a great children’s hospital by helicopter when she was three hours old, intubated, and possibly a Down’s baby; I begged My Lord and Savior to let her live, to make her whole, to restore the breath of life that only He can give, and 48 hours later I got to bring this much prayed for, dearly anticipated, wanted with all my heart gift from God home! She is whole, and perfect, and normal, and healthy, and truly a miracle.

This is not the first time this has happened to us – we experienced the near death trauma with the birth of our second child! Each time, even with easy deliveries, I am in complete awe of God’s creative power!

Your story has created such an incredible ministry; I will share this site and pray for you and your family, as well as others who are reading and writing. I, too, have know the pain of miscarriage, and know that we as women, especially Christian women, need to minister to those who are hurting and hoping. Blessings!

• Reply Tammy November 9, 2008 at 10:43 pm

Funny how God brought me here to your blog this afternoon. I come often and read but today I need some prayer. I have a heart that was hurt by words and while I can forgive this person I just feel deflated in the soul and so if I could so kindly ask yall to pray I would appreciate it and I so thank you for sharing your heart so openly with us.

• Reply Rebecka November 9, 2008 at 11:21 pm

Love it. I'll add it when I go back to my Dashboard.
    Ellie is simply adorable. Along with Abby & Kate

• Reply Jen November 10, 2008 at 12:29 am

I’ve added the button too, Angie. May I also ask, the button for your actual site… it’s too big for my side bar… can we get smaller ones?

• Reply bethany November 10, 2008 at 12:30 am

This is awesome Angie…thank you so much for your sensitive spirit to your family, to us, but most importantly to our Lord!
    I will most definately join you in praying over the lives of my nephews Cole, Isaac, and Evan and my niece Kensley.
    I also feel led to pray them over the lives of my students (preschool autism).

• Reply Erin November 10, 2008 at 1:23 am

That is beautiful, Angie! Thanks to you and Danielle for creating it, I added it to my blog!

• Reply Amy November 10, 2008 at 3:49 am

Thanks for the scripture to go with the prayers. It really helped me to know where to begin, sometimes I get a little overwhelmed when I pray for my boys. Anyway, this week has been very peaceful, not quite:), but there’s just a feeling of peace.

• Reply MamaHenClucks November 10, 2008 at 4:03 am

Oh I can’t tell you how excited I am about doing this with my children. It has been heavy on my heart for awhile to spend more time in prayer with my children than I have been. I added the button and linked back to you.

• Reply Amy November 10, 2008 at 4:05 am

Hopefully you can help me. I’m sure I’m doing something wrong, but I tried to add the button to my blog and it says there were illegal characters and wouldn’t let me add it. My blog:http://alhuffmaster.blogspot.com/

• Reply Ashley November 10, 2008 at 8:49 am

Angie
    I have spent the last several hours reading your entire blog. My cheeks are stained with tears and my jaw hurts from laughing at your stories. Thank you for sharing your precious Audrey with me. I have three beautiful girls as well and one precious child in heaven. Audrey Caroline, Abby, Ellie and Kate are blessed to have you as their mom because you are sharing with them the joy of living your life as a child of God no matter what. To God be the Glory! Ashley Thurman

• Reply T or Aunt T or Tricia November 10, 2008 at 11:23 am

Hello Angie-
    My sister Wendy (mountainmeanderings.blogspot.com) has your blog listed in her blog roll. being curious as to who you were, I came here. I wanted to know how your title came to be, so I started at the beginning @ 9pm. It is now 215a and I have cried and I have laughed my way through it’s entirety. You have been an inspiration and a blessing to me. Having read it all in 1 sitting, I have felt your progressed healing. Praise to God! You are an amazing writer, and I have gotten more from this blog than any Bible Study or devotional book. God has been telling me that I need to be more attentive to Him(actually He says I should be more like you:}) After nonstop weeping for you January through July, you made me laugh so hard I cried all over again w/ Exhibit A and B and the maxi pad story. I LOVE YOUR KIDS!!!
    So please call on us whenever you’re in Alaska. Our hospitality here is world known. I gotta get to bed. 6a alarm is harsh for work as it is. You can look me up @ showcasingbyt.blogspot.com
    With Prayers of Thanks and Love
    Tricia

• Reply Paula November 10, 2008 at 11:48 am

Wonderful. I will these. Thank you.

• Reply Tabatha November 10, 2008 at 2:32 pm

7×7, I like that! And how fun that when I come to leave my comment, it shows that there are “77” comments! But nay, I say unto thee…. seven times 70! I’ll see about adding the button to mine as well.

• Reply Keith, Cindy, Jacob and Benjamin November 10, 2008 at 2:43 pm

I love it! I added the button to my blog today! I have been reading your blog for over a month now and it has changed my life! I see life in a totally different light. I want to thank you for letting us see your beautiful heart with each and every blog!

• Reply Heidi November 10, 2008 at 4:36 pm

I’ve given you the I Love Your Blog award, information on your award is on my blog….check it out!

• Reply Taylor Luv November 10, 2008 at 5:05 pm

This is such a great idea… I love love love it!! I had to pray on an empty bed last night, my husband’s daughter we have had since January, her mother decided she is keeping her and didn’t meet us to give her back yesterday… My husband has no rights in court papers so now it is off to an expensive court procedure to get her back… but somehow I will keep praying something works our way… Our 3 other kids will continue to have our 7X7 and I will continue on Arielle’s empty bed til she comes back…

I wish I knew where to go for help in funding court procedures… I have tried our county for help and they will not help us or provide any assistance and Arielle is not in good hand while with her mother. She leaves her with strangers and nursey crisis and she has given all 4 four of her kids away and has none of them with her… she gave her newborn as of July to her daddy too just does not want them. I don’t under stand why she is keeping her and wont give her back… she has no ability to care for her or love her.

We miss Arielle so much already πŸ™
    Anyone know where we can get some help in court, etc.???

Taylor Luv
    Andrea

• Reply Sara Cross November 10, 2008 at 5:14 pm

I have totally passed out the word! I have your button on my blog and other mother’s now are spreading the word!! what a great idea.

• Reply Darlee November 10, 2008 at 5:26 pm

Angie, I love how you are all about God, God, God! I love that you don’t care about people linking back to your blog if using your stuff…you’re so humble. And that I admire.

Darlee

• Reply gloryrevealed November 10, 2008 at 6:22 pm

I really like the seven prayers for seven days idea. I’d like to memorize those scriptures and walk through them daily with my boys.

This week, there’s nothing I can do but pray. I am on hospital bed rest and I will be until our son, Zephaniah, is born. I am just over 30 weeks pregnant. I’ve been having contractions since July. It’s completely God’s grace that I am still pregnant and baby is doing well. Last Friday, my water broke. So we are waiting for my body to go into labor, praying that baby will be healthy, and hoping that he will stay in my womb as long as possible. I have two older sons at home and I miss them like crazy. I have to stay in bed around the clock, so it seems like all I can do is pray.

Your blog has been an encouragement to me through this difficult pregnancy. Thank you for allowing God to be glorified through your life.

• Reply Laura November 10, 2008 at 7:20 pm

Beautiful picture – for everything that it represents!

• Reply jablott November 10, 2008 at 8:23 pm

I just added the button to my blog and wrote out the notecards for myself. The scripture you chose is so rich and full of wisdom. May God use these prayers to shape our children…..draw them to Him and to change our hearts as we pray them! What a great challenge! Blessings to you in Christ for sharing these with us!

• Reply Aspiemom November 10, 2008 at 10:54 pm

I love the idea and the button both. I’ll add it to my blog right now!

• Reply shelly November 11, 2008 at 1:31 am

Thanks for the button! I love praying God’s word over my little one!!

• Reply Heart of Wisdom November 11, 2008 at 1:50 am

I love this idea and have added the button to my blog. I’ll also add to Sunday Meme. http://heartofwisdom.com/blog

Thank you.

• Reply Kristi November 11, 2008 at 2:11 am

I’ve gotten it added to my blog and started praying today!! Wow!!! I agree with one of the other comments that Satan isn’t gonna like this and we need to pray for protection over all of us!!! Thanks for sharing what you felt led to!! I already am blessed by these prayers!!!

• Reply Colbert Family November 11, 2008 at 4:35 am

Hi Angie, I have been following your blog for about a year. I have grown in many ways as I’ve watched you and your family trust God’s will for your lives even when it’s hard and have seen how God has been given so much glory through your story. A month ago, our 3 year old daughter Abbey was diagnosed with leukemia. We have many people praying and I wanted to pass this onto you and the other amazing women that follow your blog to ask you all to pray for our Abbey too. To follow her journey, visit our blog at
    We know God has a plan for our lives and we have felt His hand carrying us and our baby girl through each day. Please pray for strength for our family as we have a long road ahead of us. Thank you!
    Shelley

• Reply Dustybug November 11, 2008 at 3:44 pm

I’m joining it because this is such a wonderful idea! I plan on posting about it on my blog tomorrow and I will be adding the button as well.

• Reply Brianne November 11, 2008 at 10:40 pm

I am so totally doing this. Angie, I really have to say that I admire you very much. Your blog is so inspirational, and every time I visit, I learn something new, or feel something new. You have no clue how deeply your blog touches people. You’re seriously awesome!!!

• Reply T. Armstrong November 12, 2008 at 5:51 am

Can’t wait to do this with my family! πŸ™‚

• Reply KE II November 12, 2008 at 9:03 am

Angie, just wanted to check back and let you know how 7X7 is going in our house… Firstly I was feeling SO challenged by my little one recently, and PTL, this is helping the behaviour. Secondly, it is adorable to see our little M (who is 3) now picking up the cards, and praying over us. She puts her hand on our heads and says "Dear Lord God, please help Mummy & Daddy and watch over us".
    So PTL for you and the witness that you are to us all for living our lives for Jesus.
    Your sister,
    Kirsten

• Reply Mendy November 12, 2008 at 1:18 pm

I read your blog regularly and just wanted to say that I enjoy it and always take something away with me from it. thank you.

• Reply natalie eve November 12, 2008 at 1:33 pm

Angie, if you have time to check my blog today that would be amazing. It would have been our firstborns 3rd birthday today. Our site is http://www.threeheartscreated.blospot.com
    Much love ~ Natalie Eve

• Reply Mary November 12, 2008 at 1:35 pm

Okay I was a little behind on your posts so I just caught up–and I must say I’m feeling a little less alone in the flying anxiety…I just got Xanax from my OB to try it. My husband is a pilot (?) and I would love to go on trips with him but I start crying as soon as turbulence hits and I am not normally an anxious person! Your post a few days (weeks) ago makes me think maybe that will work for me too πŸ˜‰

• Reply Kristi A November 12, 2008 at 2:01 pm

Bringing a note of praise. My SIL gave birth to healthy baby girl this week! She lost her first baby girl @ 39 weeks a year ago, and has been encouraged by your blog.
    Blessings!
    “Aunt” Kristi in IN

• Reply I'll Fly Away November 12, 2008 at 4:22 pm

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pray for my unborn baby boy, David. I was just given news that he has a heart abnormality and that he has fluid on his brain. I’ll post more as I know it on my blog, but PLEASE PRAY for him now!

• Reply Sandra2077 November 12, 2008 at 5:51 pm

I agree with what some of the moms are saying. We should pass this along to 7 other people (or more) I love this concept and the prayers. I lead our church’s children ministry as well as have a day care in my home and will be starting this with each one of my kids as best as I can. I will also be passing this along to other moms in the ministry. Thank you for such a wonderful idea. Praise GOD!!

• Reply BP November 12, 2008 at 9:44 pm

This is great! Thanks for sharing it and the button. I’m adding it.

• Reply Jennifer November 13, 2008 at 1:51 am

I’ve been seeing 7X7 on some of my blogidy friend’s blogs so I’m just now checking it out. LOVE IT – and just added it to my blog.
    I just read the sweetest book to my son just before bed. It’s “Where Does God Live?” by Holly Bea.
    Check it out

• Reply lori November 13, 2008 at 3:48 am

I weaved my way over here through Natalie…and have sat in awe of your story and your beautiful family….
    I’ve grabbed the button and the 7 prayer for 7 days..it’s beautiful and I’m sharing with my readers….it’s a gift Angie..a beautiful gift you’ve shared with me tonight…

It’s been a pleasure getting to “know” your heart a bit..:)

peace and abundant blessings…
    lori

• Reply Angie November 13, 2008 at 11:10 am

Came over from Lori—I have plugged you in—Prayer Is KEY!

Thank you for sharing the awesome guide on the post “Seven Prayers a Day”….NEEDED!

• Reply Carmen November 13, 2008 at 2:24 pm

That is just beautiful! What a lovely way to REMEMBER that we don’t forget…

Shalom Aleichem!

• Reply Stayingstrong November 13, 2008 at 3:26 pm

Thank you so much! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your heart and cannot adequately express my gratitude in all that you share.

Bless you.

• Reply Katie November 13, 2008 at 4:34 pm

Thanks for sharing this with all of us fellow mommies out here. God Bless! πŸ™‚

• Reply Ashley November 13, 2008 at 8:09 pm

I’ve just spent the last 3 hours reading through your blog. I wish you could see the mound of tissues piled up here beside me. I didn’t get to finish and even now I’m risking being late for work. Like so many people have said before me – I am truly touched and something inside me is changing. I’m still grieving over my second miscarriage in a row, my second angel who I never had the chance to meet. Words are failing me now as tears well up in my eyes. I feel like God has been calling to me for a long time now, but I always keep resisting…I don’t know why, but it feels like my resistance is crumbling. How could it not?
    I don’t even know why I’m leaving you this note. Just to share what I’m feeling right now I guess. This world of mothers with empty arms is far too large.
    I’m struggling big time for some reason to be able to take that final step and invite Jesus in to stay. I guess I’m asking for a prayer and thanking you for this blog. Thank you so much.

• Reply Julie November 13, 2008 at 10:15 pm

Thank you for giving us this beautiful guide to such an important part of our lives. I always want to pray over my children but never knew how to do it. This helps me so much! πŸ™‚

Blessings,
    Julie

• Reply Keisha November 13, 2008 at 10:34 pm

What a Great Idea! Thank you for sharing!
    Keisha

• Reply B.A.M. November 14, 2008 at 1:54 pm

This is awesome!! I am going to join you and all the other moms in praying for our dc so specifically with the word like this!! I want to add the button to my blog. I am trying to copy it and I just get an error saying this blog is protected. I’m not sure what I am doing wrong. Can anyone help? =o)
    Thanks and be blessed–Angie in GA

• Reply B.A.M. November 14, 2008 at 2:13 pm

Hi, This is Angie in Ga again I forgot to leave my e-mail address just in case someone decides to give me instructions on getting the button on my blog =o)
    careybannister@bellsouth.net
    Thanks again!! Rest in HIM, Angie

• Reply Natalie November 14, 2008 at 4:14 pm

I love this! I am definitely passing it along.

• Reply kimberly November 14, 2008 at 4:50 pm

i seem to be having a problem linking the button to my blog…any ideas? when i try to copy and paste the code, it gives me a copywrite notice and wont let me copy????

on another note: i absolutely love the prayers you posted and plan to copy them down so that i can pray them over my 5 girls….i love your blog, and i love your insight. God bless you!

• Reply mygirlz10 November 15, 2008 at 2:21 am

hello there! It wouldn’t let me copy the button….when i highlighted it and clicked on it to copy it says I can’t πŸ™ any help would be great!
    thanks
    Jill

• Reply Amanda November 15, 2008 at 2:41 am

am i doing something wrong…it won’t let me copy the text for the button…keeps saying it is copyrighted by danielle…

• Reply Becoming Me November 16, 2008 at 12:57 am

Hi Angie,

This is odd, but I’ve tried to copy the html code for the button so I can add it to my blog, but I keep getting a message saying it is protected…

• Reply Christy November 17, 2008 at 11:30 pm

I am having the same problem? It won’t let me use the code?

• Reply Jon and Deana November 20, 2008 at 10:11 pm

i’m a little behind, but i fell in love with the idea of praying for our little girl seven specific times of the day. noelle loves it when i pray these prayers out loud. she just looks at me and smiles. i feel most connected with her when i’m praying over her. awesome!

• Reply ~Andrea~ December 2, 2008 at 3:34 pm

I am also trying to add the 7×7 button and the Bring The Rain one to put on my sidebar but it’s giving me the same problem with not letting me copy it. Any help would be GREAT!

• Reply MK December 3, 2008 at 6:10 am

What an awesome guide of how to pray over our children. I’ve posted a link on my blog, hopefully other will join in… … My father always frequented the verse of Deut. 11:19-21 which outlines this exact principle!!

• Reply mamapearl December 6, 2008 at 8:20 pm

Thanks so much for sharing this. I used pieces of it in our son’s baby dedication. Such a beautiful idea!