Fun, Gardening, Women of Faith

Life is good.

Just a quick hello from Nashville :)

We have been LOVING the weather and have pretty much been living outside these days. Todd has set up his gardening stuff, so pretty soon we are going to have more basil than we know what to do with. He has also gotten into making things, and has turned our garage into a little workshop. So far, in addition to the square foot gardens, he also made two swings that hang from the tree in our backyard. The girls are in heaven!!!

If you haven’t heard yet, Kelly had her sweet baby girl Hollis, and you are NOT going to believe the head of hair on this kid. She is gorgeous like her sister and mama, but I have to say my favorite picture is the “outtake” because it totally looks like our family trying to get a photo…

In other news, I went to Dallas last week for a Women of Faith video, and it was a complete blast. I honestly cannot believe how much I enjoy being with these ladies. I was so nervous, being the new kid and all, but they made me feel like I had been with them forever. Something I love and noticed right off the bat is how incredibly supportive they are of each other. I haven’t seen any cattiness or anything but genuine respect, and it just does my heart good. I got to wear shoes that might be more than my monthly mortgage, and a twirly dress that looked like it was from the 50’s. Here is a shot of us on the green screen, which will eventually look like a disco, I think. And no, we didn’t get to keep the cute outfits or jewelry :( We had the option to buy it but I decided I needed to feed my kiddos instead, so I passed. But I felt like a queen playing dress-up! And who knew dancing for like 6 hours straight in 4 inch high heels was such a good workout? Phew.

Me and Nicole Johnson pretending to be 50’s housewives who vacuum in heels…:)
I laugh every time I look at this one because as soon as Sheila Walsh saw it she said she looked like a giant hamster. She didn’t, but it was really funny :) That is Kim Cash Tate on the
far right but we were missing Luci Swindoll for this shot :(
I think that’s enough links for tonight (ha!), but I hope you will meet all the ladies I will be sharing the porch with…I am thanking God for allowing me this opportunity. Don’t get me wrong; I am terrified of the whole thing, but these ladies make it the experience of a lifetime. I’m just plain grateful I get to be in the company of women who can laugh and love Jesus together…I hope you will join us this year!!!
I’m heading up to put the little ones to bed…I’ll see you all soon :)

• Reply Annie28 March 20, 2011 at 3:05 am

I love your outfit, Angie! It’s adorable.

We’ve got some pretty wonderful weather over here in MI, too – but I think we’re also holding our breaths for another snowstorm. That’s MI at its early spring’s best, haha: the expectation of another fierce snowfall. I hope you keep having wonderful weather!

• Reply Cat moore March 20, 2011 at 3:07 am

So happy for you! And proud! Y’all all look so beautiful! Love ya! xoxo,cat

• Reply Alysa (Inspired RD) March 20, 2011 at 3:16 am

That looks like so much fun! I really hope to be able to make it this year. Have fun with your garden. Last year was the first time I was able to have success with basil, and boy did we have a lot! The kids enjoyed picking and eating it right off the plant.

• Reply Sadie Smith March 20, 2011 at 3:38 am

there are few things at the moment making me happier in life than Nicole’s red shoes and your orange belt. They may just have to be numbers 587 and 588 on my list.

(you know the one).

(does it count as coveting to count someone else’s stuff as your own gift? then again, it’s not *technically* yours. good call on feeding the children, by the way)

• Reply caroline March 20, 2011 at 3:55 am

LOVE the dress. We are doing a 1950’s family portrait soon and need a dress just like that one! Looks like a get time!

• Reply Eli Rogers March 20, 2011 at 3:59 am

Wow. I didn’t realize that a person who’s blog I read is so close to me. I’m in Murfreesboro. Keep up the writing. It’s one of the few blogs I actually read.

• Reply Anonymous March 20, 2011 at 4:01 am

Vacuuming in heels…..LOVE IT! And I am totally with you on the basil thing…we have been planting our “garden” on our deck for the past two years (which I highly recommend if you don’t want to do any weeding) and we have grown a literal basil “tree” each year. But we love fresh basil and other herbs and whatever we don’t use in season, we dehydrate and use throughout the winter.

• Reply Anonymous March 20, 2011 at 4:01 am

• Reply Kristen March 20, 2011 at 5:03 am

You are totally adorable, Angie!

We’ve been having beautiful, can’t-get-enough-outside sunshiney days here in Colorado Springs, too. It’s glorious!

Have a beautiful weekend!

• Reply Carley Thompson March 20, 2011 at 8:49 am

I miss gardening… I have that book – square foot gardening. Very practical. Very good. One day I’ll garden again. One day I’ll gather myself to do it.

• Reply Alicia March 20, 2011 at 9:55 am

I can’t believe how cute you look in that outfit! Love the print and the orange belt – Totally 50’s style… without the vacuuming!

• Reply gilda March 20, 2011 at 2:10 pm

You all looked fabulous…Really could tell everyone had a blast together thanks for sharing.

• Reply kristald76 March 20, 2011 at 2:52 pm

That’s great for you! I hope to attend Women of Faith conference some day. I ALWAYS miss them!

• Reply Beth March 20, 2011 at 3:54 pm

Hi Angie! I’m a longtime blog follower of yours and I’ve commented a few times. Hubby and I are planning a move to TN–Nashville area. We were there visiting in November (our third trip back) and had a great visit and can’t wait to call it home! I can’t wait to hear about your garden. I have mine ready to plant, too! Come on, Spring!

• Reply Kaye March 20, 2011 at 6:24 pm

Tell Todd to please plant you some Rosemary, then immediately try Pioneer Woman’s Rosemary Rolls, they are DIVINE and everyone will be convinced they were made from scratch:) Promise! Heaven in a cast iron skillet I tell ya!
    The pictures are precious. So thankful you had a great trip and a fun time with everyone!
    Blessings today and every day,
    Matthew 21:22

• Reply Big Fat Mama March 20, 2011 at 7:17 pm

I go every year with my mom when they’re in our city. Just love Women of Faith. God is so present and I get something out of it EVERY time. I pray God’s strength, peace, and His words speak through you while you are there! I am sure that God will speak to you and change you through this experience He’s giving you just as much as what He speaks and changes in others through you! God bless.
    Big Fat Mama!

• Reply Gerhart911 March 20, 2011 at 8:01 pm

I’m so looking forward to hearing from you. I already have my tickets to WOF!

• Reply Nicole March 21, 2011 at 1:14 am

Lisa Harper spoke at our Women’s Conference last week here in VA. She was AWESOME and I know you will be too!!

• Reply Kathyroberts March 21, 2011 at 1:29 am

I’m so jealous! I live in So Cal, so I’ll have to wait until NEXT YEAR to see this round of Women of Faith. The torture!!!!!! :)

• Reply Ellen March 21, 2011 at 1:54 am

I absolutely LOVE your outfit!!! I am sure you can DIY something out of a skirt and a similar top…you looked fabulous!

• Reply Megrusso March 21, 2011 at 3:38 am

Wow, you look so happy and gorgeous!! Love that you are having fun and enjoying life! You deserve it!GREAT outfit, but you could buy something from Target and look just as good:)

• Reply Wendy March 21, 2011 at 4:50 am

How fun!!!! What a great experience.

• Reply Brown eyed girl March 21, 2011 at 11:15 am

Oh Angie… how I wish we had Women of Faith here in Australia! It looks great.

• Reply Elcthesweetlife March 21, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Glad you’re having a fun time! Gorgeous photos.

• Reply Carissalayla March 21, 2011 at 4:21 pm

wait, you don’t vacuum in heels? LOL!

• Reply Angel7 March 22, 2011 at 1:47 am

Those are adorable pictures! I am sure you had a blast.

It is always a pleasure and joy to be in the company of women that genuinely love Jesus with all their heart! These are the kinds of friendships that God truly wants us to have.

God bless!

• Reply Sharon March 23, 2011 at 2:00 am

Such fun pictures Angie!!! So glad you got to get away and spend some fun with these ladies. I still cannot wait for the Columbus WOF event. I’m counting down the days till I can come and see you there :) Are you still planning a breakfast that weekend?? :)

Blessings to you!
    Sharon :)

• Reply Anissa Bowman March 23, 2011 at 4:56 am

LOVE “the porch pals” and can’t wait to see you with the crew :) I have floor seats, rows 6-13, for Indianapolis in August! I just missed seeing you speak in Nashville – we had to leave the hotel to get to the airport, so I’m anxious to “meet” you!

• Reply Doris March 23, 2011 at 12:57 pm

Hi Ang….I just received your post about the book give away and I would love to have “One Thousand Gifts”. Thanks so much and I really enjoy your ministry.

• Reply Cmcjmommy4 March 23, 2011 at 3:37 pm

YAY for twirly dresses and 50’s housewives! :) When I was little I would not even WEAR a dress unless it twirled when I tried it on. hee hee! I love the pics, so cute. I cannot wait to see you all in Atlanta in August.

• Reply Lisa March 23, 2011 at 8:30 pm

We can’t wait to see you in St. Paul, MN in October!

• Reply Heididh33 March 23, 2011 at 11:30 pm

I’m so excited for WOF in Des Moines!!! I can’t wait!

• Reply Angela Nazworth March 24, 2011 at 1:52 am

Look at you all bright and pretty in pink and white. Love it!!

• Reply Momto3daughters March 25, 2011 at 2:07 am

I want you to know I am reading your book for the first time.I downloaded it when it was offered as an ebook free on barns n noble a while back. it has sat in my computer waiting for the “right” time to read it. My husband has been having medical problems the last several weeks and just finally confided in me about them. A dr’s appt later and blood test we are still awaiting final results but he has diabetese. I think if I type it out to enough forums I might finally accept it, just got this info today. I wanted to let you know I have spent time just reading and rereading.. I have all but the last forty pages read inthe last two days.. Your words are helping me walk through this scary time. Thank you so much
    Christy W

• Reply Corey March 26, 2011 at 3:08 am

Just 7 weeks left. I so can’t wait to see you! And I can totally believe that Sheila would say she looked like a hamster! I could hear her voice in my head as I read that!! See you soon!!!!!

• Reply Guest March 26, 2011 at 12:00 pm

Sounds like your having a ball….so lovely :)

• Reply Tami Nantz March 26, 2011 at 8:45 pm

ok, COMPLETELY bummed that I won’t be seeing you in DC this year…hoping maybe ’12 will bring you round this way. Love that you’ll be travelling with this amazing group.

• Reply Anonymous March 27, 2011 at 2:21 am

I am SO EXCITED to see you in Rochester NY this fall for Women of Faith. My sister went to the conference in Nashville and was sitting fairly close to you at one event. I asked her if she said hi to you and she said no. I so would have ‘stalked’ you to say a quick hello! :-)
    So happy to hear that you will be traveling with Women of Faith. You are going to do great!

• Reply Mari_lyle March 27, 2011 at 3:05 am

“Something I love and noticed right off the bat is how incredibly supportive they are of each other. I haven’t seen any cattiness or anything but genuine respect, and it just does my heart good. I got to wear shoes that might be more than my monthly mortgage…”

What happened to your plan to live more simply? Has the limelight sidetracked that infavor of expensive shoes and being part of the “in crowd?”

I’m rather disappointed to read this.

• Reply angelac519 March 28, 2011 at 1:31 am

i’m not sure i understand your comment… yes i wore expensive shoes as a part of my far as the “in crowd,” and the “limelight,” i presume you don’t know very much about me, as you would certainly know that neither of these have ever been on my goal list. i was simply posting a fun experience where i got to play dress up-which is quite a departure from my daily sweats and ponytail routine. i thought my readers would get a kick out of seeing the photos and hearing about my day. i apologize if that somehow conveyed that i had changed my entire lifestyle.

if this is something you would like to speak more in depth about, please email me personally. as far as the comment you left here, it came across very unkind and judgmental. since i don’t know you, i wont presume to know your motive.

i would love to know that it came from a heart of genuine concern and not out of a mean spirit. i would sure hope that someone who reads my blog consistently would know that wearing a pair of nice shoes (that were borrowed by WOF from a local store for a photo shoot) doesn’t change my heart or the way i desire to serve the Lord. i would not address this publicly but i see no other way to contact you and it bothered me enough to respond.

• Reply AMG March 29, 2011 at 2:52 pm

I was disappointed to read your comment, Mari_lyle. Let’s lift one another up in this! When a Sister gets a wonderful opportunity AND gets to glorify Him, let’s come together in raucous praise!

Praying that you may have a change of heart and are blessed in your walk.

• Reply Gospel200 March 28, 2011 at 2:39 am

You guys look like you arer really having a good time, lol.

• Reply Anonymous March 28, 2011 at 9:28 pm

Aww! She makes a cute hamster though! hehe
    Looks like you ladies are having a blast! I am sure you will be a GREAT fit!

• Reply Jenny March 29, 2011 at 12:19 am

Love the dress!! Do you know where it came from? I am always on the lookout for cute dresses!

• Reply Amy March 31, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Thanks for the glimps into WOF ….I am SOOO excited to see you in Columbus in a few weeks! You are gorgeous and I have been praying for you already!
    I….CANNOT……WAIT!!! :)

• Reply Amy von Oven April 1, 2011 at 2:43 am

It is SO great to see how God is using you. I cant wait until WOF in Atlant. It seems like WAY too far away still…

• Reply Anonymous April 1, 2011 at 8:24 pm

You are just so incredibly beautiful!!

• Reply Jessica Denard April 14, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Angie, this is random, but I want you to know that I just LOVE you, and I am happy to announce I will get to meet you(in real life), in Sept,when you come to Birmingham, for DOTMOM, yay,yay,yay, so excited!