Uncategorized, What Women Fear, writing

Over the Moon {and back again}

I got a phone call last week that rocked my little socks off, so I want to start by thanking Barnes & Noble for giving me the opportunity to share this exciting news with you all. It is entirely possible that they are being so gracious to me because they have tracked my debit card activity at their stores over the past several years and flat out feel sorry for me because of my obsession with them…

Regardless, they are doing a little something that {a little birdie told me} they don’t do very often. It’s my understanding that a few books are chosen every month to be featured on their website and also in their stores, and you are never going to believe what this month’s choices include…

Okay, you might.

But here’s the best part!!!!

TODAY, and TODAY ONLY  {8/22/11} you can pre-order my new book online, “What Women Fear” for $7.49…HALF OFF THE COVER PRICE!!! You can order it here.

I am all about a good deal and this is about as good as it’s going to get :). In addition, if you pre-order, please email your confirmation email to whatwomenfear@gmail.com and you will be entered to win one of two prize packages from B&H. {a $25 B&N Gift Card & 10 books in each package!!!!!}

I am honored and BLOWN AWAY that they would believe in and promote my book in this way. They were VERY supportive of “I Will Carry You,” and it means the world that they want to get behind this one in such a big way. It means a lot to me that a massive company like them would take notice of and invest in a writer like me.

So, all that to say, thank you to Barnes & Noble for your support, and if you were thinking of getting my new book, go ahead and grab it today while it’s cheap!!!!

Angie

• Reply My_Full_Cup August 22, 2011 at 4:39 am

Yay Angie! I am so excited! I cannot wait to read it!  I will definitely be ordering mine. 🙂

• Reply Babyrndeb August 23, 2011 at 5:32 am

previously ordered mine…oh well…I’m sure ti will be worth the money spent.  I always buy all of the copies of “I will carry you” when every I  am in Barnes and Noble.  We give it to our patients that are in our perinatal hospice program.  Thanks for all that you do.

• Reply JD August 22, 2011 at 5:00 am

There are only three authors from whom I pre-order books… you’re one of ’em.

I’m not surprised that B&N will feature this book, God’s given you a special gift of touching lives like that.  Just pre-ordered mine from B&N, even though they’re not in Canada!  I’m all for supporting stores that support you.Even though I can’t relate to fear much, I am eager to read this book to widen my perspective and to learn how I might better support friends who struggle in this area of their lives.Much love…

• Reply JD August 22, 2011 at 5:36 am

Pre-ordered a copy for a friend too.  Grateful for the heads up on the special price!

• Reply tam August 22, 2011 at 5:36 am

lots of happy in my heart for you right now! and for those who will be blessed with this book…

• Reply Sophie August 22, 2011 at 5:47 am

Just ordered it! Congrats!

• Reply Cain4him August 22, 2011 at 5:52 am

Just Ordered ~ Cannot Wait to Read it 🙂  Congratulations

• Reply Anonymous August 22, 2011 at 10:46 am

I am all about a bargain on something I would buy anyway! As opposed to those horrible purchases I have been known to make only because they were such a bargain, ahem.

• Reply Kelli Goings August 22, 2011 at 11:01 am

What an awesome opportunity! That is wonderful. Congratulations!

• Reply Lindsay August 22, 2011 at 11:48 am

I picked up a copy at the Imagine conference in Atlanta and just finished it this morning. I know I tweeted you, but it’s worth repeating. The fears you discuss in What Women Fear are my fears. They are all of our fears, even if we don’t admit it. I felt like you were writing straight to my soul and I loved every single page of it….as deeply frightening as it was to face those fears in such a way. Thanks for a fantastic book.

• Reply malloryjones August 22, 2011 at 11:55 am

Now I’m sad…I already pre-ordered mine a couple weeks ago! Ha! This is so cool, Angie!!!!!! I’m so excited for you!!! 🙂

• Reply Rach August 22, 2011 at 12:36 pm

How cool is that? Angie, I want you to know that I saw you this weekend at W of F in Indy, and you Rocked the stage! Thank you for sharing a piece of yourself~it was truly an honor to be there. Praying for you! Cannot wait to receive the my copy of the book. 🙂

• Reply Alyson August 22, 2011 at 2:00 pm

Hey Angie! Saw this great deal over at Big Mama’s blog. She featured you today! Looking forward to getting my hands on a copy.

• Reply Alyson August 22, 2011 at 2:00 pm

• Reply Julia August 22, 2011 at 2:12 pm

Hey Angie!  Great news!  Do you know if we can preorder it for Nook?

• Reply Julia August 22, 2011 at 2:12 pm

Hey Angie!  Great news!  Do you know if we can preorder it for Nook?

• Reply Anonymous August 22, 2011 at 2:31 pm

Hooray!! I am so excited for you and so ready to be blessed by your words and journey. Just ordered two copies, because I know I’ll want to give one away 🙂

• Reply David Myers | Social Media Concierge August 22, 2011 at 11:21 am

What Women Fear at 50% OFF!!!!…

Barnes & Noble is running a fantastic deal on the pre-order of Angie Smith’s What Women Fear , which…

• Reply Harrisheather22 August 22, 2011 at 3:44 pm

totally cool!!  I just got this book this weekend at the Indy WOF conference, and I am soo excited to dig into it!!  thanks for sharing your heart and story!

• Reply Joii C. August 22, 2011 at 3:47 pm

Great news!  God bless.

• Reply Joii C. August 22, 2011 at 3:47 pm

Great news!  God bless.

• Reply Joii C. August 22, 2011 at 3:47 pm

Great news!  God bless.

• Reply wanda galloway August 22, 2011 at 5:20 pm

Yay, you!  I’m so happy for you and me.  I pre-ordered my Nook version with B&N and can’t wait to get busy reading.
    Congrats!

• Reply Anonymous August 22, 2011 at 6:03 pm

Awesome!

• Reply Cat Moore August 22, 2011 at 7:15 pm

I’m SO excited about reading this book that I could just scream!  Or throw up, one!  HA!  because I can’t scream right now becuase both my kids are sleeping!  AHHHHH!  But, my stomach is truly turning from being so excited for you!!  I have been so excited about this book mainly because fear is something I struggle with.  Can’t wait to read and SO happy for you, friends!  Lots of love and support, cat

• Reply Cat Moore August 22, 2011 at 7:16 pm

PS….love the cover image!  So fitting and so pretty.  🙂

• Reply Rachel Anstett August 22, 2011 at 7:17 pm

That’s awesome!! Congratulations!! I just started reading your blog last week and I am making my way through the archives. So far I am on Sept. 20008. I can’t stop reading! You are an awesome writer! I feel like we are friends already and we are definitely kindred spirits!  I have told complete strangers about Audrey’s story and your blog. I love how you have opened your heart to so many people and allowed God to use you and your family in such a beautiful way! You can tell Todd that I was first watching the Moments Like This video on You Tube and God lead me to I will Carry You, then He directed me to your blog. Isn’t it amazing how God works! I love it!!  Well I certainly did not mean to be so long winded, sorry. I just wanted you to know how grateful I am that God directed me to you and how Much i enjoy reading what you have to say!
    Congrats again! I can’t order it today but I will certainly, Lord willing, be getting a copy soon!!

In Christ,
    Rachel Anstett… Hilliard, FL

• Reply gitzengirl August 22, 2011 at 7:33 pm

i am so stinkin proud of you, sister!!!!!

• Reply Kaye August 22, 2011 at 7:53 pm

So proud of you and for you!
    I had pre-ordered, and now have ordered more!  Thanks for this great opportunity.
    I’ve also suggested to my Sunday School teacher, to order this book and I Will Carry You, for our Church Library.
    The precious ladies in my class wanted to give books to the library in memory of my Mother-in-law, who we lost last week.
    I am thrilled that they allowed me to give them names of my favorite authors and book titles for this very special memorial gift.
    Blessings today and every day,
    Kaye
    Matthew 21:22

• Reply Kaye August 22, 2011 at 7:53 pm

So proud of you and for you!
    Blessings today and every day,
    Kaye
    Matthew 21:22

• Reply Crystal Most August 22, 2011 at 8:37 pm

I just preordered my copy.  I am soo excited for it to come!! 🙂

• Reply Get What Women Fear by Angie Smith for 50% off today! :: Money Saving Mom® August 22, 2011 at 4:47 pm

[…] just attend Women of Faith because I’d heard it was a great event, I went to hear my friend Angie Smith […]

• Reply Deanna August 22, 2011 at 8:51 pm

I just pre-ordered! Yea!

• Reply IAJOJO August 22, 2011 at 9:16 pm

I luv B&N also! I have my Nook and besides my two dogs and car, my nook is my best investment ever! I get tons of deals from them!! So I will check and see if this is available for the NOOK! I do hope so! What a great company! Good luck with your new book. I have not read your stuff nor heard of you before, but if Holley likes ya’, I know I will :0)

• Reply megzieblog.blogspot.com August 22, 2011 at 11:43 pm

totally a nook book…. 🙂

• Reply kasmith03 August 22, 2011 at 9:38 pm

Ang
      I am SO thrilled for you…and #1 on their list to boot! You go girl!! I pre-ordered when you first posted about it but grabbed up 2 more so that I could give them away on my blog in Sept…hoping that I can bless someone else with your words as well!! Have a WONDERFUL day!
    Blessings, Kristin

• Reply Elesha August 22, 2011 at 11:20 pm

I just wanted to say thank you for speaking at Women of Faith in Indianapolis this weekend. I really enjoyed it. I have never laughed and cried so much at one time. I look forward to hearing you speak again in the future.

• Reply Amanda Jones August 22, 2011 at 11:25 pm

WooHoo!!!!  I ordered mine today from Amazon at 1/2 off too!  (I was already ordering some stuff from them, so I tossed it in my cart, hoping hubby won’t notice, lol.)  🙂  Can’t wait til the release!  🙂

• Reply Elesha August 22, 2011 at 11:28 pm

thought you might want to know that Amazon.com has it for 50% off too

• Reply Anonymous August 22, 2011 at 11:30 pm

Pre ordered mine!  Are you going to be at Relevant this year?  If so, I will bring for you to sign 8)

• Reply Megan Mitchell August 22, 2011 at 11:41 pm

So excited B&N is offering it on the nook 🙂

• Reply Nott2bglenda August 23, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Only at my B&N they are offering it for $9.99 for my Nook….Why do they do that?!

• Reply Coby August 22, 2011 at 11:48 pm

Congratulations, Angie!  I’m so excited for you!  Truly, I cannot WAIT to read it!  I read the first few pages on Amazon, and let’s just say it hit close to home!  Woot-woot!

• Reply Lesley August 22, 2011 at 11:50 pm

I just pre-ordered your book. I CAN-NOT wait to have it in my hands. Ha. I know it’s going to be wonderful and the Lord’s going to bless it tremendously. Very excited for you friend.

• Reply Jean M August 23, 2011 at 12:07 am

Angie you ROCK!  I just ordered 4 because I’m sure it will be so good I will want to give the other 3 away for gifts.

• Reply Michelle August 23, 2011 at 12:35 am

About 1/2 way through it right now…so speaking to me!    You are fantastic both as a speaker anda writer!    I have just been blessed so much by you.

• Reply Jamie Barry August 23, 2011 at 1:08 am

If your Heavenly Father is not smiling down on you right now….than we are ALL in trouble!  What an offering you have placed at his feet.  Beautiful.

• Reply Michele E Annibal August 23, 2011 at 1:35 am

YAY I’m so looking forward to it!!!! Thank you thank you!

• Reply Cathie_quillet August 23, 2011 at 2:00 am

I just ordered mine! I can’t wait!

• Reply Jessica Holmes August 23, 2011 at 2:25 am

I already ordered it on Amazon!  It was the same price there!  Can’t wait to read it!

• Reply Kim V. August 23, 2011 at 2:41 am

I just read the first chapter on Amazon and loved it!  Are there questions at the end of each chapter?  I’m looking for a Bible Study and love the idea of this topic as I think most women, when completely honest, can relate.  Thanks and God Bless You!

• Reply Sadie August 23, 2011 at 5:11 am

you’re making our Lord famous through the humblest of journeys. thank you.

three years and the image of her head cradled still brings tears– at first very odd to find it on the Top 100 list of a major bookselling website.

But it isn’t odd. It’s Him.

Restoring. I can’t help but think of the pitcher and I pray tonight that you take comfort in knowing that He continues to seep through the cracks.

thank you for pouring.

• Reply Anonymous August 23, 2011 at 11:13 am

Oh, I am so excited for this book!

Cxx

• Reply Jessica Berry August 23, 2011 at 2:53 pm

I just ordered it at half price. I can’t wait.

• Reply Mebbott1120 August 23, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! It must feel so awesome to be an up and coming writer and have such a huge company believe in you  like this! I read “I Will Carry You” and it was amazing, so I’m sure that’s why B&N believes in you!!! I am so looking forward to reading “What Women Fear!” I’m a 23 year old college student who doesn’t have a lot of extra spending money these days so I was SO happy to have gotten it for $12 (with shipping and tax)!

• Reply Sarah August 23, 2011 at 3:31 pm

Can’t wait to receive the book and start reading! I pre-ordered with B&N and with being a Member shipping was free! I ordered some as gifts as well. Thank you for being YOU! Very inspirational and real!

• Reply Elizabeth Stinson August 23, 2011 at 4:02 pm

I bought your new book at the Women of Faith conference (in Indy) this weekend and can hardly put it down!  The conference was my first and your story and others made me cry so much I think I became dehydrated. :o)

• Reply Nurserachet04 August 24, 2011 at 3:04 pm

I scored a free copy of your book at MOPS convention!!!!!!!

• Reply Lizzy25k August 29, 2011 at 7:53 am

I just finished this book. I got it at the Women of Faith conference. (Indianapolis)
    Thanks for your honesty and in-sight. I am telling all my monkeys they need to read this.