Uncategorized

The Story (Atlanta!)

I cannot wait until Thursday, when I will be driving with my in-laws, Kelsey and the girls to Atlanta to finally see The Story Tour. I have been hearing so much about it (as I’m sure you have as well), and really think it’s going to be one of the highlights of this Christmas season. After hearing Todd talk about it I have a feeling I’m going to be in a grateful puddle by the end of the night.

I asked them if I could post a special on my blog for this particular show and they approved it…SO…

If you live anywhere near Atlanta, please come join us at Philips Arena. By clicking on this link, you will be able to get tickets for HALF price. This is a phenomenal deal….you have no excuse to miss it!!!!

Prices are as follows:

$74 VIP floor seats discounted to $37
$44 100 level seats discounted to $22
$25 200 level seats discounted to $12.50

Make sure and say hey if you make it!!! I’ll be the one crying.

🙂

xoxo,

a

• Reply Katherine December 5, 2011 at 6:12 pm

I’m so glad you will be able to go, Angie. You will be so blessed.

• Reply campbellsinoz424 December 5, 2011 at 7:20 pm

AHH!!  Can’t you make this deal for Independence, MO, too???  I sooo want to take my kids!!!  🙂  I hope you LOVE it – and then come back and tell the rest of us all about it.

• Reply Wick December 5, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Looks like a pretty great line-up!  We enjoy the book, and got a ton of copies for Christmas gifts for others recently.  (don’t tell the others, please….and if you ARE the others, pretend you never saw this….) 🙂

• Reply Christi December 5, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Hi!  It’s Christi from HHI this year (when can we go back???!!)  I’ve passed this along to my church classmates.  Thanks so much for working out this special!  Working on a sitter now…..

• Reply Amber Peters December 5, 2011 at 7:47 pm

I wish I lived down south!  I got the CD after you first spoke about it and I love it!  I really really loved Todd’s song.

• Reply kasmith03 December 5, 2011 at 8:41 pm

We were hoping to go to the concert in MN but I guess it is sold out. Have a wonderful time I know it is going to be awesome!!

• Reply Sheilannpat December 5, 2011 at 8:46 pm

I’m crying because I am so far away.  What a great Christmas present you are offering Angie.  Enjoy the show.

• Reply Amanda December 5, 2011 at 9:00 pm

I just bought the cd yesterday and listened to it all the way through last night. I was a total puddle of tears and worship on the floor of my bedroom. Such a phenomenal project!

• Reply Sheryl Blaise December 5, 2011 at 10:42 pm

By the time I heard it was coming to Orlando it was already sold out 🙁

• Reply Tina Chisholm December 6, 2011 at 12:14 am

I attended the Story Tour last night in Austin, TX.  Amazing!  Todd was incredible.  Just a wonderful evening!

• Reply Sonya December 6, 2011 at 1:52 am

I want to be there! It’s coming somewhat near us, but the 3.5 hour trip up there only to come home to work 3 days and then make the same drive is what is keeping me from it! I SO want to see it though!

• Reply Jenny December 6, 2011 at 3:34 am

Just got tickets to go to see it in Independence, MO on the 18th!!!  Thanks so much for the info- I had never heard of it before and I am SO excited to see it!!!!!!

• Reply Inkling December 6, 2011 at 7:07 am

Makes me wish they were heading to the west coast of Canada.  I thought of your family last night as we put up the first of our Christmas decorations and listened to Selah’s Rose of Bethlehem album.  I remembered the story you told of you eldest girls and that cd.  And I had to laugh when my almost three year old really got into the African inspired song as he danced around the living room.  Please tell your hubby thank you for making that album.  It made some fun memories for our family last night.

• Reply Jen December 6, 2011 at 7:53 am

This is a tease, and therefore you ate cruel 😉

Ask them to come to Australia? Please?? 🙂

• Reply Valerie December 6, 2011 at 11:38 am

Oh how I want to go!! We love to see Selah and have flown to Michigan to see them (the concert with the whole family to raise money for the Congo),  drove 4 hours south to see them in the Tampa area and have seen them In Jacksonville.   We try to make it at least once a year.  This year we planned a whole weekend taking off work to see them on November 11th.  It was sold OUT!! I was so upset but so happy for you guys!   I so badly want to go and these prices make me even more tempted but the 6.5 hour try on a school/work night it just making it impossible.   I do hope they will do it again next year.

~Valerie P

• Reply Jessica December 6, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Saw the Story tour in Dallas last weekend – absolutely amazing!!! What a blessing it was!!! May God bless everyone involved with it as the share the most wonderful story of all!! Hope y’all have a fantastic time in Atlanta!

• Reply Coby December 6, 2011 at 3:21 pm

Have a wonderful time with your family!

Alas, I live nowhere near Atlanta, but I’m hoping you’ll tell us all about it on your blog.  😉  Enjoy, and blessings!

• Reply Southern Gal December 7, 2011 at 2:50 am

I would love to see it.  Atlanta is around 4 hours away, so I don’t think we’ll make it this time.  I so wish they were coming closer.  I’ve listened to all the song previews on the website.  Even that made me cry.

• Reply JD December 7, 2011 at 5:25 am

So grateful that you will be able to go with the girls to see this…  so wishing it would tour in Canada, or that I could be closer in the U.S. to see it!  <3

• Reply Jennifer December 7, 2011 at 3:50 pm

I would LOVE to, but it won’t work with my work schedule. You’ll be so close. One day I’m going to get to meet you and give you a big ole hug! Love this space!

• Reply Tanya Dandurand December 7, 2011 at 6:01 pm

I have been hearing lots about The Story Tour unfortunately too late to get local tickets. Wish I was closer to Atlanta or could work it out for one of the other locations as the MN dates tickets are unavailable.

• Reply Sue S from GA December 8, 2011 at 6:31 am

Thank you ever so much, Angie!! I do live near Atlanta and I am not working right now so trying to cut corners. The sweet deal you offered made this perfect. I was listening to Rose of Bethlehem today while cross stitching my grandson’s stocking. Still one of my favorites!!
    I will look for you – but Phillips Arena is a big place.
    Tell Todd and the others I am eternally grateful. My husband and I are looking forward to it!!

• Reply Psalm1469 December 8, 2011 at 5:27 pm

As much as your story has touched so many lives and as much as we have grieved with you and for you, and as much as I love Selah’s music, I have found your blog to continually promote purchasing items, winning something, etc.  I just don’t find it inspirational anymore, but maybe that is how it is supposed to be.

• Reply Abwfoster December 9, 2011 at 6:16 am

If you knew anything about The Story you would know just how inspirational it is!!! I saw it in Atlanta this evening and it was AMAZING!!!!!!!! God’s grace, mercy, sacrifice and LOVE is overwhelming. If Angie would not have posted this I would’ve never known about the tickets and missed out. She also mentioned a kids Bible in a previous post. I checked it out snd bought it for my kids. They beg to read it before bed every night. Our family enjoys it so much. I’m so thankful she posts things like this, if you go beyond the post to see her heart in these things you might get more out of it than a “promotional post.”

• Reply Storchinsky December 9, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Thanks so much for spreading the word about this project.  I first read about it on your site and have since heard a couple of the songs on local Christian radio, but I probably wouldn’t have realized what it was about just from hearing it on the radio.  After reading your first post about it, I went over to thestorycd.com, watched the video, and listened to the sample tracks.  I asked my husband that night to download it for me from iTunes!  The music is fabulous, but what I really value is that my girls (9 and 6) love listening to it. The younger one keeps asking me to tell her the stories.  And then next time telling it back to me.  (“Mommy, this is the one where she goes to talk to the king, right? To save her people? )  It is the first time she heard the story of Job (“Why is the music so sad?”), and while we have always read children’s bibles with them, this has peaked her interest in the stories in a new way.  I am planning on getting her a copy of The Story for Children (you can never have too many bibles!)

So again, thanks for making me aware of a project I probably wouldn’t have heard about otherwise.

Sherry (near Ottawa, Canada, also wishing for a Canadian tour!)

• Reply Cpaigebruner December 9, 2011 at 5:23 pm

I saw it in Dallas and it changed me.  I loved everything about it.  So powerful and incredible.  And some pretty amazing singers, too!  I wish I could see it 10 more times.

• Reply Bec December 9, 2011 at 5:24 pm

Hope you enjoyed it.

• Reply Tammy December 9, 2011 at 6:24 pm

My sister and I just drove 4 1/2 hours to Tulsa last weekend to see it and we were blown away! I have loved Selah for years but have never had the chance to see them live but I’m here to tell you Todd was amazing!!! The end of the Job song was so powerful I had tears, chill bumps and was almost shaking! All the performers were great but the passion on Todd’s face (I had my sister’s binoculars even though we weren’t that far back) was so incredible! You are in for a wonderful experience. My sister and I both bought the CD and had listened to it for days before we went to the show but as soon as we got home we ordered the DVD too so we can watch it while we listen to the songs! What an amazing project! I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to see it!

• Reply tressa December 12, 2011 at 5:24 pm

Can’t wait to see it this weekend in MN, how long is the whole program?

• Reply Szcunane55 December 13, 2011 at 3:50 pm

I saw The Story in Virginia Beach on Saturday night – It was awesome.  The music was inspiring, those who performed were amazing (your husband was powerful!)   and the graphics, well they just tied the whole thing together .  It was not a concert, not a program but a worshipful experience!  I was blessed . . .

• Reply Fawn {Happy Wives Club} December 13, 2011 at 4:43 pm

This looks amazing!  How was it?  I with I were in the Atlanta area when this came to town because it doesn’t seem as though it’s coming anywhere near the Los Angeles area :(.

• Reply Jenny Harsin December 14, 2011 at 5:10 pm

I was able to attend the one in VA Beach this past weekend and it was AMAZING!!!  What an awesome experience for sure!

• Reply Kristi December 15, 2011 at 9:15 am

We saw The Story in Woodbridge, VA last weekend and it was truly an experience I won’t forget!  My husband and I had made it a date night, but now I wish I had brought all four of my children, my sisters, my parents, my neighbors and friends!  It was phenomenal, had me in tears at moments and just…WOW!  The power and emotion in your hubby’s voice is amazing; goodness, they all were fantastic, but I feel so blessed to have been able to be a part of this extraordinary event.

• Reply Melanie Cantelmo December 15, 2011 at 3:30 pm

I wish we lived close so we could go! 🙁

• Reply Jen December 16, 2011 at 11:03 pm

I was able to see The Story last night in Grand Rapids, MI.  Wow – words can’t express how truly touching it is.  I’ve seen Selah quite a few times in concert, but last night blew me away.  All the songs are so amazing – Todd’s “Broken Praise” brought me to tears.  I love how the focus is truly on God’s Story – how He used (and thankfully still uses) unexpected people to bring His will to pass.  I wish everyone I know could have gone with me!

P.S.  In heaven I want to sing like Natalie Grant.

• Reply Coby December 17, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Watching the live stream and I have CHILLS!  Wow!!!

• Reply April December 19, 2011 at 11:27 am

Went to The Story Tour in Independence, MO last night. WOW! Todd (and everyone else) was AMAZING! I echo Jen’s comments.

• Reply Jody R. January 23, 2012 at 12:45 am

I was bummed b/c the night of the webcast I was in bed sick.  The small group I’m leading has been doing The Story since the beginning of December.  We are really enjoying it.